Friday, March 4, 2011

Hiccuping Newsreader

Hiccups can be a nuisance at the best of times - but what if you’re reading the news live-to-air?

If you’re Melbourne newsreader Kate Wilson, you steel yourself, take a deep breath and soldier on, hilariously.

The 3AW journalist was hit with a bout of hiccups just moments before she was due to deliver the 3am news bulletin from the station's Collins Street studios.

Realising she would not have time to dash to the kitchen and gulp a glass of water, and with no-one else in the office to take over, she resigned herself to the task at hand.

‘‘I’m sitting there, I’m swallowing, I’m trying to just get rid of them in any way I can,’’ Ms Wilson said.

‘‘And I just took a deep breath and went: Right, I’m just going to have to do it. There’s no one else that can do it.’’

The result was four minutes of what may be the most entertaining early-morning news segment in Melbourne’s history.




No comments:

Post a Comment